Infrastructure in the Pelagonia region is of great importance for the region, since at the same time it is also an opportunity for additional economic development.
The region has good geographical location, proximity to a member state of the European Union and two NATO member states. The region has a relatively good road infrastructure and connection within the region. For the development of the economy, a great opportunity is the re-activation of the railway crossing in Kremenica. That is, the functionality of the Veles-Bitola-Lerin railway connection with access to Thessaloniki port will have a huge impact on the development of the economy and on the flow of people, goods and capital. Opening of the Markova Noga border crossing with the Republic of Greece and the construction of the expressway Prilep - Veles. Improving good neighborly relations with the Republic of Macedonia. Greece and the reopening of the border crossing at the village of Kremenica (border with the Republic of Greece).
On the territory of the region there are significant advantages in terms of transport and infrastructure.
- Good communication links within the region and internationally. However, some of these communications need to be improved (the Bitola - Lerin railway line), the road Prilep - Bitola - Resen, etc.
- The REK Bitola energy complex is of great importance for the region. With installed capacity of 3 x 225 MW units, in some moments it produces over 70% of the total production. energy in the Republic of Macedonia.
- The ore deposits in Pelagonia and Mariovo, which are used today in the three blocks of TPP Bitola.
- Ensuring energy from stable, reliable, clean and renewable sources is a huge potential due to favorable climatic conditions in the region for the production of energy from water (Cebren and Galiste), sun, wind and biomass.
- 100% coverage with an overarching digital cadastre.
- High coverage with water supply systems (lack of such systems in some rural areas).
How unfavorable conditions are in the Pelagonija planning region are
- Lack of local / regional pipelines for drinking water supply in rural areas
- Lack of detailed analysis of the traffic connection in the region, respectively integrated management and traffic control (vertical and horizontal signalization), pedestrian and bicycle paths (in terms of reliability).
- Insufficient capacity for drainage and purification of wastewater, apart from adverse effects on the population, is reflected in the environment as well as agriculture and agricultural production (organic and eco production). The situation in the rural areas is most vulnerable, since urban centers are covered in large percentage, and according to the dynamics and plans for solving this problem Prilep and Bitola in the near future will eliminate the dangers of this threat.